Thursday, September 5, 2019

Bee Ramblings #2: Sleeves and more sleeves!

Bee Rambles #2:
Sleeves and more sleeves
Protecting my cards! 


Warning: Prepare yourselves to read the word sleeve over 100 times... I'm exaggerating but not by much! 

Updates: The BCW 8 pocket sleeves came in, and they did not work. 

BCW:

Twice the amount of the photocard is exposed in the BCW sleeves when compared with the ultra pro sleeves. And not just a little exposed but completely exposed. As you can see below with the ultra-pro that while a little of the card is out and unprotected it is only the front that is exposed as the edge of the back of the sleeves lines up to the end of the card. 


 Ultra-pro:

Anyway, ultra-pro wins so I'll keep using them. That being said my cards are still exposed! so ahh. But I have another solution..... 

Single card sleeves! 

Soo I was worried just about my normal-sized cards in their sleeves and about how full my binder was of just ...sleeves because I did the whole missing card thing with single cards having literally their own page and well sleeves are flimsy so I was like how can I add just a little bit more protection!?!? More like omg how do I protect my babies! (cause let's be honest a bent card equals a crying collector!)  And then I was like oh DUH single sleeves! Time to double sleeve! 

But I didn't want like penny sleeves I wanted like sleeves that were more sturdy so I went to the internet and found Dragon Shield Clear Matte card sleeves


What I should have gotten were just the regular Dragon Shilef Clear card sleeves and not the matte, but 😣 I was dumb and didn't realize there were other types of clear sleeves. The ones I got still work as the matte is on the back and still transparent enough to see the back.

Anyway, the Dragon Shield Sleeves:



The Dragon Shield Sleeves are still light and flexible, but they are thicker than penny sleeves and add a nice layer of protection. This is especially true for full-size cards such as the 3rd muster player cards which almost peek out of the pocket sleeves. SO with the larger cards, I place them upside down in the single sleeves so then the top is protected leaving no open edge. 

For the smaller cards, I put them in right side up as I don't need the extra protection on top. The sleeved cards fit nicely into the pockets of the 9 pocket sleeves. ...I did tear a few, but I am going to say that is just because I bought the 100 pack of the BCW sleeves, so some have tighter pocket than others they fit the majority of the time lol.



Since double sleeving worked so well and added protection my next thought was, of course, I need them for every card I have ...no matter the size ... BUT Dragon Shield does not make them in a variety of sizes. 😡 So I was like dammit give me bigger single sleeves and in comes ultra-pro! They have individual sleeves for what they call 'vintage' cards. I am hoping they fit. Based on the measurements they should but you never know.... if they do my babies will be protected! Also got some for the longer/bigger muster cards so hoping those work as well. I'll let you all know once they come in! 


No comments:

Post a Comment