Monday, July 29, 2019

Bee rambling about organization: Missing Card Templates/Card Sleeves

Organization/storage

As you may have noticed, I keep my photocards in a binder which requires many different types of sleeves.  I thought I would list what I am currently using (with links to where I bought them) and my thoughts on them as well. I also in the last few days I created templates for me to print out, so I have placeholders for cards I am missing. 

Sleeves:

For the cards that you would find in albums or any that are baseball-sized I am currently using: 

They are a nice thickness and pretty sturdy from what I can tell, so the cards do not slide around as they did in the ones I bought previously from Walmart.


For cards that are commonly referred to as mini photocards (such as muster photocards and cards from the LY tour etc.) I am using: Ultra Pro 8 Pocket Sleeves

I am not really satisfied with these. Mainly because not only are they tight fits but also the top row is not entirely protected because they stick out slightly. I worry about the edges, so far my cards are fine, but I have purchased some BCW 8 pocket. They should come in this week, and I'll let you all know if they are an improvement. A tight fit is one thing as long as it isn't so tight it is ruining the cards, but the overhang just makes me worry that if I drop my binder I'll ruin them. My suggestion if neither of these work and they are not enough protection for you is to buy 4 pocket sleeves for the larger cards even though it will take up more room in your binder. 

the top: 😨


For my special sized Muster cards such as the cloud cards and the guestbook cards I am currently using: 

These work well enough. However, it is a tight fit at first. The pockets seem to loosen up a little after you first use them, and for my purpose, they work well enough because the cards are completely covered and protected. If the tightness of the pockets worries you, my suggestion is taking some card stock paper cutting out one in the shape of the card and loosening up the pockets a little bit before using them. But I have been using them for over a month now can no card has been damaged. Now BCW also has a 6 pocket option I can't say if they work or not or if they are better as I haven't used them. I may buy some if the BCW 8 pocket sleeves workout. (maybe because they just seem to have 100 packs for the 6 pocket and I don't see myself needing 100 of them... Though if anyone has tried them out let me know how they work.)


Templates:

9 pocket sleeve templet: Download






You can print them on any color paper... I used purple construction paper cause that was what I had and if you cut it down to 8 1/2 by 11 it will go through a printer LOL I also didn't want to spend money on color paper soooo.. anyway. Some photocard sets don't have group cards and there I just used a blank one the same color as what I used for the title slot....yes all my cards now are separated compared to when I first showed you all..... I cut a lot of things yesterday and today >> 


8 pocket templets:  Download

The PDF file has numbers on the cards already 1/8 and so on. The Doc file does not it just has the dashes so you can add the numbers yourself in word or whatever program you use. I did this because I do know some of the unit cards are like 1/12 and so on. Note in order to print correctly you will have to convert the Doc file into a PDF (even then the very top and bottom lines get cut off...see picture).  If you have any issues with this let me know and I can help. 




I had an idea while writing this since they are tighter pockets printing the placeholders on cardstock and cutting outside the line to make them slightly bigger could be a way to loosen up pockets before you buy your missing cards. 


I don't have pocket templates for the 6 pocket sleeves yet I will make sure to have them by the time I post about how the BCW 8 pocket sleeves worked out. 


If anyone has any questions feel free to comment below or even poke me on twitter. 




No comments:

Post a Comment